Friday, July 4, 2014

A milestone and few learnings

I have recently completed five long years in the industry. Thinking of so many things. And I feel good when I look myself and many others in and out of the industry.

I was lucky enough to get admission in the most reputed college in the state and got a good job in the campus. Needless to say, my parents have done so much for me to get in there. Without their effort and love, I could not have been where I am right now.

I have got many opportunities after my first job and today and I am happy that I have gone so far in the journey of the life. I have met so many people, worked with many teams and managers till now. I have learnt many things from all of them. I have really made some good and lifetime friends which I will cheris forever.

I want to share some of the things that I have learnt during these days being in the industry which may also help others as well.

Always be focused at what you want to do
I was asked to do teh stuff which I did not want to do as a software engineer in my career. I was fresher at that time and was very confused as what to do next. But I gathered some courage and told everything what I felt and what I wanted to do. I got the the chance to do what I wanted to do and I also succeded and proved myself. I also got some appreciations from the managers.

Learn to say No when it is really required
In your professional life, manier times you may require to say either YES or No to your boss. You have to be very specific in taking the decisions at the time. Never say yes if you think if you can not meet his expectations with the available scenarios. Learn to say NO if the situations are not feasible and you can not meet the expectations set by him. Also, you need to be ready with the explanations and justifications if you are saying NO to some work or something.

Give your best
Choose the right work for you and give your best to it. No one can stop you then to achive your goal and you will be the best.

Maintain the line between professional and personal stuffs
You need to maintain the lines between your professional and personal stuffs. Your colleagues may be your good friends, but when you are at work you all are professionals. To give and take advantage of your friendship when you are at work may spoil your professional as well as personal life.

Work Life balance
Avoid passing time in office beyond your working hours. There may be times when you may have to stretch your working hours, but leave the office when it is not required and it is absolutely not necessary to be in. Your family also needs you.

Speak up
You need to speak up for yourself. Manier time, you may feel things are not ok with you. You need to go to your boss and speak up if anything wrong has happened to you and your boss has to listen to your words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this post ?